USDA Secretary: Some Jobs Don't Fit Teleworking

CNS News | 4/19/2018 | Staff
TimHyuga (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/capture-perdue.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - In January, the U.S. Agriculture Department issued new rules for its telework program, saying "its use must be balanced" to make sure employees are getting their jobs done.

At a congressional hearing on Wednesday, USDA Secretary Sonny Perdue was asked to discuss why his department felt the need to crack down on teleworking:

Processes - Things - Fast - Excuses - Teleworking

What we were finding in some of the processes there, things were not moving nearly as fast. And as we began exploring that, some of the excuses were, "So and so's teleworking." And there had been waivers where some people were teleworking a majority of the time.

One kind of funny anecdote I'll relate:

Barbershop - Lot - Things - Guy - Telework

In the barbershop, where a lot of things...(get) talked about, one guy was complaining about our new telework policy, and one of my aides was down there listening.

He (Perdue's aide) said, "Well, tell me about that." He said, "What's the problem?"

USDA - Employee - Days

And he (the USDA employee) said, "Well, I'm only going to telework two days out of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.
Tagged: