Live like a champion! US Open winner Sloane Stephens details rigorous daily diet and workout regime that keeps her in top shape - and reveals how BINGO helps her to cope with stress

Mail Online | 3/13/2018 | Clemence Michallon For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/03/13/20/4A290D8000000578-0-image-a-89_1520971424392.jpg

What fuels a tennis champion? Multiple workouts a day, a steady streams of healthy meals and snacks, and regular games of bingo, if Sloane Stephens is to be believed.

Stephens, 24, has detailed the training regimen and self-care routine that helped her win the US Open last year despite a long-term injury.

Fitness - Routine - Mix - Types - Exercise

Her fitness routine consists in a mix of various types of exercise, including strengthening exercises and plyometrics on top of her usual tennis practice, Stephens told Shape.

'Five days a week, I do a two-hour workout before tennis practice,' she told the magazine.

Start - Hour - Movement–ladder - Agility - Plyometrics–and

'I start with an hour of movement–ladder, agility, plyometrics–and then do an hour of strength training. Afterward, I play tennis for two hours. From the time I get up, I'm working out and sweating profusely. And I smell!'

As for her diet, Stephens, a native of Plantation, Florida, who weighs 140 pounds, used to eat 'whatever [she] wanted', but now works with a chef named Jen.

Protein - Vegetables - Importance - Snacks - Dates

'[She] taught me about protein, vegetables, and the importance of healthy snacks like dates, prunes, and walnuts,' Stephens said of her chef.

'Jen is my food mom. She showed me how to fuel my body in tough situations to give me that edge.'

Calm - Part - Stephens - Regime - Strategy

Staying calm is an important part of Stephens' regime, and she has a somewhat unexpected strategy whenever she needs to relax.

'I love to play bingo, even though I never win,' she said. 'Everyone else in the place is 75 years old. For me, bingo is soothing. I play for four or five hours, and it's great.'

Lifestyle - Role - Feel - Time

This lifestyle plays a key role in making her feel strong when the time comes to step onto the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!