Eddie Redmayne on ‘Early Man’, ‘Fantastic Beasts 2′ and ‘The Aeronauts’ with Felicity Jones

Collider | 2/21/2018 | Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub
boti (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/eddie-redmayne-early-man-aardman-social.jpg

With Aardman Animation’s Early Man now playing in North American theaters, a few days ago I got on the phone with Eddie Redmayne to talk about voicing a character in the stop-motion film directed by Nick Park. During the exclusive interview he talked about how he got involved in the project, what people would be surprised to learn about the recording process, how things changed during production, his earliest memories of Aardman Animation, and so much more. In addition, he talked about his early work in Robert De Niro’s The Good Shepherd and how that project changed in the editing room, how making Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald compared to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, when he starts shooting Tom Harper’s The Aeronauts with Felicity Jones and if they’re trying to be the British Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, why he recently took some time off from acting, and so much more.

If you’re not familiar with Early Man, the film takes place during the crossroads between the Stone Age and the Bronze Age and follows a young caveman named Dug (Eddie Redmayne) who gets whisked away to a Bronze Age city ruled by Lord Nooth (Tom Hiddleston). Dug then takes part in a soccer tournament where the future of his cavepeople is on the line. Maisie Williams plays a local soccer player recruited to help Dug’s team. For more on Early Man, read Matt Goldberg’s review.

Eddie - Redmayne

Check out what Eddie Redmayne had to say below.

Collider: You doing a lot of press today?

EDDIE - REDMAYNE - Days

EDDIE REDMAYNE: It’s one of those days, but it’s all good.

You really can’t go wrong promoting an Aardman movie.

REDMAYNE - Dreams - Part

REDMAYNE: No, you know what- it’s one of those dreams to be a part of.

I would imagine. What’s your earliest memory of Aardman?

REDMAYNE - Creature - Comforts

REDMAYNE: I think it was Creature Comforts....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!