New Yorker Fires Ryan Lizza For ‘Improper Sexual Conduct’

The Daily Caller | 12/11/2017 | Staff
bungienet (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Screen-Shot-2017-12-11-at-4.22.52-PM-e1513028660772.png

The New Yorker has fired Ryan Lizza after it learned of alleged “improper sexual misconduct” by the magazine’s Washington correspondent.

The New Yorker says it “recently learned that Ryan Lizza engaged in what we believe was improper sexual conduct,” in a statement released Monday afternoon. Here’s the brief statement in full:

New - Yorker - Ryan - Lizza - Conduct

“The New Yorker recently learned that Ryan Lizza engaged in what we believe was improper sexual conduct. We have reviewed the matter and, as a result, have severed ties with Lizza. Due to a request for privacy, we are not commenting further.”

It remains unclear who was requesting privacy.

Response - Termination - Lizza - Statement - Decision

In response to his termination, Lizza released a statement expressing how he was “dismayed” at the decision:

I am dismayed that The New Yorker has decided to characterize a respectful relationship with a woman I dated as somehow inappropriate. The New Yorker was unable to cite any company policy that was violated. I am sorry to my friends, workplace colleagues, and loved...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Freedom is Never Free!