How to Make Evangelism More Normal in Your Church’s Life

Click For Photo: https://www-images.christianitytoday.com/images/114758.png?w=1200

Over the next six months you will find us talking more and more about evangelism. As an integral prioritist, I believe both caring for people and sharing the gospel are both important for both individual followers of Christ and to churches, but I also believe evangelism will fall off our radars if we aren’t intentional to prioritize it. On June 23-24 we will be hosting Amplify: The Wheaton Evangelism Leadership Conference where we will bring together 1,000 church leaders to create churches growing and transforming through evangelism and transformed lives. I’d love to see you there.

Get weekly updates from The Exchange delivered to your inbox.

Book - Acts - Christ - Part - Lives

When you read the Book of Acts, you see that sharing Christ was as much a daily part of the lives of believers then as texting on a cell phone is today. But today, in most churches, evangelism is occasional at best.

How do we make evangelism less occasional and more normal in our churches today? Let me share a few thoughts.

Evangelism - Taught

First, remember evangelism is caught more than taught.

The truth is that people follow our example more than they listen to our words. Too often, pastors tell their people what they should do without giving examples from their own lives. Our application can become, “Do what I say, not what I do.”

Idea - Week - Months - Mention - Time

Try this idea: every week for the next six months, mention a time that you, a fellow pastor, or a church member attempted to share Christ the week before. Give a quick testimony, offer a prayer request for someone with whom you shared, or perhaps a time you should have witnessed but failed to do so.

Pastors who have done this testify to a growing practice of evangelism by their people simply through the consistent example of leaders. This helps normalize witnessing as something we do, not...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Exchange | A Blog by Ed Stetzer
Wake Up To Breaking News!