American Gods' Orlando Jones Blasts 'Insanely Hurtful' Statement About His Ouster, Praises EP Neil Gaiman's 'Empathy and Care' During Tough Time

TVLine | 12/14/2019 | Kimberly Roots
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/american-gods-orlando-jones-fired-season-3-interview.jpg?w=630

Orlando Jones hadn’t seen American Gods‘ statement about his firing before he talked with TVLine Saturday evening, so the first thing we did was read it to him.

Jones chuckled ruefully. “I mean, I don’t think that it really responds to anything, but it’s fine if that’s what they have to say,” he said. “I mean, what can I do with that? There’s a real reality here that has to be addressed and dealt with, and it’s painful in a lot of ways.”

Anyone - Actor - Writer - Producer - Media

Anyone who follows the actor, writer and producer on social media knows that he posted a video Saturday announcing that he’d been fired from the fantasy drama in September. In the minute-long spot, Jones alleged that the “Connecticut-born, Yale-educated” showrunner Charles “Chic” Eglee said that the character of Mr. Nancy sends “the wrong message” to “black America.”

In a candid and lengthy interview with TVLine, Jones detailed his experience at the beleaguered Starz drama over the past two seasons, which started with him as an actor and ended with him poised to return for Season 3 as an actor, writer and producer. We also discussed series co-creator/executive producer Neil Gaiman’s involvement in the behind-the-scenes drama, as well as which co-stars have reached out to Jones since news of his departure broke.

TVLINE - | - Let - Talk - Things

TVLINE | Let’s talk more about how things went down.

I showed up in Season 2 of American Gods, and they hadn’t written for my character at all. They certainly knew I was coming. That was literally the studio’s job. And they didn’t do that job. And I wasn’t the only person: They didn’t do it for all of the characters of color. So if you really care about these characters of color, then why don’t you write for them? So I found myself in a very odd situation, because...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.