Adam, when are you going to…

Adam McLane | 12/14/2019 | View Archive →
finterfinter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://adammclane.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/AdobeStock_140917671-1024x684.jpeg

Click For Photo: https://adammclane.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/AdobeStock_140917671-scaled.jpeg

It’s no secret that I’m involved in my community. It’s not an accident. It’s an entirely intentional choice.

Over the past few years I’ve made the choice to live out the words that I’ve been talking/writing about around the country for years, to live my daily life in an attempt to be Good News in the Neighborhood. Yes, I’m trying to practice what I preach… a crazy concept! To make that happen I’ve also (unpopularly) re-prioritized my time, putting my community first, saying no to things outside of my neighborhood so I can continually say yes to things in my neighborhood.

Something - Idea - Something - Learning - People

This isn’t something I’ve made up, it’s not a radical idea, it’s something I take as a direct learning from people I look up to, like Pastor Luis Ochoa in Ensenada.

“When are you going to start a church in Rolando?”

Number - People - Rolando - Question - Church

A number of people here in Rolando have asked me that question. And I get it pretty frequently from my church leadership friends who don’t see me out on the road as much anymore but see that I’m involved here in my community.

I don’t have plans to start a church, pure and simple.

People - Question - Desire - Heart - Ton

But the more people ask me that question the more I go, “I dunno, maybe?” I mean I don’t want to. It’s not a secret desire. But my heart breaks knowing a ton of people in my neighborhood who openly say they used to go to church, miss it, but look around and don’t see nothing for them.

So, yes… factually… I do miss being “Pastor Adam”. But no… factually… I don’t have plans to start a church in Rolando.

Office

“When are you going to run for office?”

Over the past year I’ve been asked this on an increasing basis. As my role...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Adam McLane
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!
Tagged: