Heidelfog

Blog & Mablog | 12/11/2019 | Staff
ZorraZorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://dougwils.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Bored-Pretty.jpg

So a gent named Brandon Adams recently tackled the whole Federal Vision thing as it relates to some of our Reformed Baptist friends. It is clear from how he writes that he means and intends well, and is trying hard to get it right, but unfortunately he is stymied in this admirable effort by what I like to call “paradigm bumper cars.”

My friend and colleague Toby Sumpter responded to his piece, and Brandon’s good will can be seen in the fact that he is willing to engage in a real discussion in the comments section of Toby’s blog. I will leave the comments section open on this post in case he wants to do the same.

Exercise - Federal - Vision - Gum - Shoe

Consider this an exercise where I discover that I still have some Federal Vision gum on my shoe.

Brandon, and I hope he doesn’t mind me calling him Brandon, begins by noting how unreliable Scott Clark is. He mentions how Clark blocked him online years ago, and how it should be apparent that Brandon is not writing as a Clark fanboy.

Brandon - Question - Everything - Clark - Irony

But then Brandon asks this question: “But does that mean everything [Clark] says is wrong?” This is just tremendous irony because this is his lead-in to Clark’s summary of the Federal Vision, a summary in which (as regards me) he gets everything wrong. Here it is:

There is no covenant of works before the fall. The covenant of grace was established before the fall and continues after the fall.

Conditions - Covenant - Adam - Conditions - Christians

The conditions of the covenant with Adam are the conditions for Christians: faithfulness.

Because there is no distinction between those who are in “the covenant” only externally those who are also in the covenant internally, at baptism every baptized person is endowed with all that we need to persevere and retain what we have been given.

Those who cooperate sufficiently with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Blog & Mablog
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??
Tagged: