Rose McIver & Ben Lamb on ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ & Why They Joined the Netflix Franchise

Collider | 12/8/2019 | Christina Radish
Click For Photo: https://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/christmas-prince-royal-baby-mciver-lamb-social.jpg

The third installment in the A Christmas Prince franchise, A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby, shows what life is like in the royal palace in Aldovia with a royal baby on the way. With Christmastime in full swing, Queen Amber (Rose McIver) and King Richard (Ben Lamb) host royals from the kingdom of Penglia to renew an ancient truce, but when the 600-year-old treaty disappears, an ancient curse threatens their family and puts peace in jeopardy, if they can’t find it in time to honor the tradition.

During this phone interview with Collider, co-star McIver and Lamb talked about the surprise success of these films, when they realized just how popular the first film had become, why these characters first appealed to them, the growth of the relationship dynamic, how much fun they have working together, and why they don’t think this franchise is done yet. McIver also talked about her five-season run on The CW series iZombie, while Lamb talked about his latest project, The Warrior Queen of Jhansi.

Collider - Movie - Idea - Movies - Did

Collider: When you guys originally signed on to make the first movie, did you have any idea that there could be more movies? Did they say, “If this first one is successful, there could be a wedding and a baby, later on”?

ROSE McIVER: No. It’s been a joyful surprise that’s unrolled, every year. When we least expect it, there’s another film. So, I keep saying to people that we have no reason to believe there will be another film after this, and they haven’t told us there is, but also based on these last couple of years, I don’t rule anything out.

BEN - LAMB - One - Lot - Netflix

BEN LAMB: The first one that was a lot more popular. I’m not even sure that Netflix had any particular hopes, with the first one. But then, it suddenly seemed to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!