5 SIGNS YOU MAY BE LOSING YOUR EDGE AS A LEADER

CareyNieuwhof.com | 4/15/2015 | Staff
Firefang (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i1.wp.com/careynieuwhof.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/shutterstock_709798198.jpg?fit=1000,667&ssl=1

Are you losing your edge as a leader?

And if you are, how would you even know?

Questions - Leadership

I’ve asked myself these questions more than once, and I think if you stick around in leadership for long, you have to ask.

I’ve got a theory that everyone needs to renew their leadership every 7-10 years or you grow stagnant (you can read about the theory here). If you don’t renew yourself, you stagnate. And if you stagnate, you’re really not leading.

Far - Title - Leader - Anyone - Leader

Far too many hold the title of leader long after they’ve truly stopped leading. And that’s not good for anyone, including the leader.

So how do you know if you’re starting to stagnate? If you’re losing your edge?

Signs - Myself - Leaders

Here are 5 signs I’ve watched for in myself and seen in other leaders.

I get that leadership is complex and that some decisions take time.

Times - Leader - Staff - March - October

But too many times I’ve journeyed with a leader who was talking about hiring more staff in March, and they’re still talking about it in October.

Pick your issue: whether it’s launching a new location, starting a podcast, letting someone go, or taking a break…if you’re talking about it for months on end and doing nothing about it, nobody wins.

Leaders - Talk - Substitute - Action - Substitute

Ineffective leaders use talk as a substitute for action. Talking about it is no substitute for doing it.

And if you’re waiting for certainty, you’ll wait forever.

Want - Cycle

Want to break the cycle?

Easy. Do something. Even if all you do today is cross something off your list.

Information - List

You have enough information to clear far more off your list than you think.

Stop talking. Start doing.

Things - Time

I understand that some things should take time before you act.

But just because some things should take time and consideration doesn’t mean everything should take a long time to get done.

Sign - Organization - Path - Stagnation - Decline

One sure sign that you and your organization are on a path toward stagnation or decline is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CareyNieuwhof.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Satan's greatest desire is to convince the world he doesn't exist, and he has quite nearly succeeded.
Tagged: