Seven Tips for the Parent Who Blew It with Their Children

Rick Thomas | 7/18/2019 | Rick Thomas
amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/RMlogoSevenTipsfortheParentWhoBlewItwithTheirChildren.jpg

The Father regenerated me when I was 25-years old. My parents did not rear me in a Christian home, and you could describe my childhood years as dysfunctional. My parents could not have done a more mediocre job, but the Lord chose to save me anyway. Some parents need to hear how God can save in spite of their mistakes.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

Here are a few articles that will give you a snapshot of my childhood and family. I’m not linking these to you to draw attention to myself, to highlight sin, to say that my situation is unique, or worse than yours. In fact, from my counseling experience, I believe my life experience is more the norm rather than the exception.

Chaos - Family - Family - Standard - Children

I’m not necessarily referring to the sensational chaos that my family exemplified, but that my family is representative of the standard in that very few children come from God-centered, gospel-loving, gospel-motivated parenting models.

Though your sin list or your family’s sin list may be shorter than mine or not nearly as dramatic, you more than likely came from family dysfunction, to whatever degree that is. And if this is true of you, you’re part of the majority report.

Purpose - Experience - Attention - Grace - God

My purpose in writing about my child-rearing experience is to draw attention to the grace of God. Just like me, at the end of the day, if anything good happens to our kids, it will be the grace of God that brings about the good, rather than our wise and well-thought-out parenting strategies.

This worldview is not a call for parental sloppiness or to say that gospel-motivated parenting doesn’t matter. But we must have a right perspective: it is by the grace of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: