‘Terminator: Dark Fate’: Director Says Mackenzie Davis’s Character Will “Scare the F*ck Out of” Misogynists

/Film | 7/11/2019 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/terminator-6-title.jpg

Terminator: Dark Fate, the sixth movie in the sci-fi franchise, still has a lot of work to do if it’s going to win people over. Audiences have been burned by Terminator sequels so many times now that it’s going to take something special to get them to engage again. And though this will again feature the return of Arnold Schwarzenegger to one of his most iconic franchises, director Tim Miller (Deadpool) thinks he’s found that X factor in the film’s female characters.

Linda Hamilton is coming back to play Sarah Connor in live-action for the first time since 1991’s Terminator 2: Judgment Day (she did some voice work for Terminator Salvation), and Mackenzie Davis (Halt and Catch Fire) is playing a new character who, according to Miller, will “scare the **** out of” misogynists in the audience.

Miller - Things - Fact - People - Terminator

Miller is saying all the right things so far, including the fact that he totally gets why people are skeptical about yet another new Terminator movie. In an interview with Variety, Miller pointed out that the aspect that got him excited about this movie was Hamilton’s triumphant return to the franchise:

After Deadpool there were a lot of projects I could’ve chosen, but I really wanted to see Linda Hamilton come back to personally continue her story as Sarah Connor. Like James Cameron, I always find stories about women are much more interesting than men picking up guns. Jim’s movies are grounded in reality and character and just happen to have time travel and robots. I’m wired the same way. I want to give the audience a story about Sarah and these new characters and make everything else as realistic as possible. I want to sit in the audience and believe that this **** could happen to me. That’s how I’m approaching it.

Mackenzie - Davis

As for Mackenzie Davis’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!