‘Pose’ Star Indya Moore Reflects on ‘Empathizing’ With Angel

Variety | 6/17/2019 | Danielle Turchiano
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/pose-indya-moore.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Indya Moore got their start as a model before turning attention to film and television. After standout work in independent films (such as “Saturday Church”), Moore landed the role of Angel in FX’s ballroom culture period drama. Many of Moore’s first season scenes focused on exploring Angel’s relationship with white-collar Stan (Evan Peters), but in the sixth episode, entitled “Love Is the Message,” Angel had to explain that relationship to his wife (Kate Mara), allowing Moore to show off a new kind of strength.

Moore: “It all started with me being invited to participate as a background person in ‘The Get Down.’ An old friend whose name is Jeremy Rivera, who’s a member of the House of Xtravaganza, told the house father, Jose Xtravaganza, that I would be meeting him there. We connected, and he made me a house member right then and there.

House - Xtravaganza - Reason - Manager - Lisa

“The House of Xtravaganza is the reason why all of this happened, but meeting [my manager] Lisa Calli as a part of being part of the house led me to being a part of ‘Pose.’ She referred me to the casting. I originally auditioned for Blanca, but they wanted me for Angel.

“Stepping into her character I connected with her and empathized with her story, too. I just knew that my life was going to change, and I was ready for it.

Audition - Scene - Angel - One - Diner

“My audition scene [for Angel] was the one in the diner with Stan when he’s saying he sees her as a real woman and she says she’s not just going to be reaching for scraps under the table. I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!