My dear graduates . . .

SIMCHA FISHER | 2/15/2019 | Staff
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i1.wp.com/www.simchafisher.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Screen-Shot-2019-06-17-at-11.58.45-AM.png?fit=578,503&ssl=1

On the other hand, you also have people complaining on Twitter that they’re pretty tired of hearing from their pastors that they’re just too dumb to understand the trinity, so he won’t even try.

On the other hand . . . wait, that’s three hands now, and we’re about to veer into heresy again. What I’m trying to say is that the theology of the Trinity is pretty intense, and I have a lot of sympathy for priests who are trying to steer a way in between teaching something false, and just performing some vague hand-waving about the mysterious mystery of it all.

Theology - Trinity - Lot - Child - Impression

However, the theology of the trinity is a lot more knowable than I was led to believe as a child. I had the impression that it was simply so far beyond our human experience, it would break my brain if I even tried to figure it out. This is false. If you want to know more about the Trinity — and you should! It’s VERY COOL — I most ardently recommend Frank Sheed’s Theology for Beginners. I intend to read it again this summer with my teenagers. It’s very lucid and exciting, and, surprise surprise, it leads to a better understanding of, well, everything. Because it’s about who and what God is.

However however, it would be hard to get into it in a single sermon. Some of the best sermons I’ve heard are less about defining doctrine and more about helping us understand why it’s important and what it has to do with us. As Chris Damian says in another context,

Belief - Straightforward - Process - Belief - Something

We tend to think of arriving at belief as a straightforward process. We think of belief as something that exists on the level of syllogism, where my rational assent is always the result of a clear logic...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SIMCHA FISHER
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.
Tagged: