The Unpopular Opinion: Now That You Love Keanu Reeves Again, It’s Time to Re-watch ‘Street Kings’

/Film | 6/11/2019 | Rob Hunter
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/street-kings.jpg

Keanu Reeves has been in the public consciousness since the mid-80s, and while he’s had his ups and downs success-wise, he’s currently enjoying the biggest popularity wave of his career. That’s no small thing as he’s been in a whopping 64 movies since his debut in 1986’s Youngblood with a filmography that includes critical darlings (River’s Edge, 1986; My Own Private Idaho, 1991) and box-office hits (Speed, 1994; The Matrix, 1999). As an example of how quickly his tides can turn, Reeves made three movies in 2018, but while you might have caught Destination Wedding – and you’re a fool who hates love if you haven’t – you probably haven’t even heard of Siberia or Replicas. Just one year later, though, and Reeves is a global sensation again thanks to John Wick: Chapter 3, Always Be My Maybe, and the upcoming Toy Story 4.

This past weekend even saw him take the stage at E3 to help announce his role in a new video game called Cyberpunk 2077.

Keanu - Reeves - Interest - Things - Keanu

So, yeah, I’m thinking Keanu Reeves is back, and with this newly invigorated interest in all things Keanu, I’m hoping people take the time to dig into his extensive and varied filmography to seek out some gems they may have missed along the way. Man of Tai Chi (2013) is a fun flick with terrific fight action, The Replacements (2000) is a sweetly satisfying underdog sports tale, and The Night Before (1988) sees him sell Lori Loughlin to a pimp. How are you not already heading to the video store?!

If I could only pick one of his past films for people to rediscover, though, it would be David Ayer’s Street Kings (2008). Yes, the same Street Kings currently sitting at 36% on Rotten Tomatoes alongside an underwhelming 58% audience score.

Reeves

It’s a top five Reeves...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.