Elementary Boss on How the Original Magnum P.I. Inspired the Final Season

TVLine | 5/26/2019 | Vlada Gelman
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/elementary-season-7.jpg?w=621

When Elementary received a surprise Season 7 renewal, showrunner Rob Doherty and his writing staff were presented with the unique challenge of crafting another season after they had already written a sorta series finale.

“We spent most of Season 6 under the impression that it would be our final season,” Doherty tells TVLine. As a result, the EP and his team decide to “settle each character’s story in the final episode,” which saw Sherlock and Joan moving to London, and Detective Bell preparing to join the U.S. Marshals. “It was exciting to make big choices for them, the kind of choices that you can’t make in a normal season.”

Series - May - Season - Thursdays - Doherty

But then the series was unexpectedly picked up last May for a seventh season (currently airing Thursdays at 9/8c), which would later be deemed the last one, leading Doherty to look to another CBS drama that was faced with a similar predicament. “I thought a lot about a show that I loved in my youth and watched faithfully until the end. That was Magnum P.I.,” Doherty recalls. “If my memory serves,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Nie wieder, unelected bureaucrat's running our country
Tagged: