Jayme Closs kidnapper Jake Patterson appears in court for sentencing

Mail Online | 5/24/2019 | Emily Crane For Dailymail.com
reantes (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/24/19/13924462-0-image-a-43_1558723764563.jpg

Jayme Closs, the 13-year-old girl abducted and held captive for 88 days in Wisconsin, says her kidnapper tried to 'own her' but she was smarter and braver.

The teenager's attorney read a victim impact statement on her behalf during the sentencing of 21-year-old Jake Patterson on Friday in Barron County.

Patterson - Jayme - Parents - James - Denise

Patterson has pleaded guilty to abducting Jayme after brutally killing her parents, James and Denise Closs, at the family's home near the small town of Barron on October 15 last year.

'Last October, Jake Patterson took a lot of things from me... It makes me most sad he took away my mom and dad,' Jayme said, through her attorney, in her first public statement since she escaped.

Things - Jake - Patterson

'There are some things Jake Patterson can never take away from me.

'He thought he could own me but he was wrong. I was smarter. I watched his routine.

'He - Courage - Coward - Brave

'He can never take away my courage. What he did is what a coward would do. I was brave and he was not.

'He could never take away my spirit. He can't stop me from being happy and moving forward with my life. I will go on to do great things in my life and he...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!