Is Christianity harmful to sexual minorities? Ex-**** says no, it's an 'invitation to true love'

www.christianpost.com | 5/19/2019 | Staff
Kaliela101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/12/231257.jpg

Is Christianity harmful to sexual minorities? Ex-**** says no, it's an 'invitation to true love'

WASHINGTON — The call to follow Jesus is an invitation to true love, and it's good news to those who identify as LGBT, says a former ****.

Hundreds - Attendees - Crystal - Gateway - Marriott

Before hundreds of attendees at Crystal Gateway Marriott hotel for the annual Wilberforce Weekend sponsored by the Colson Center, Jackie Hill-Perry, author of Gay Girl, Good God spoke of her own journey out of same-sex desires and into the knowledge of God.

Given the profound shift in opinion among younger generations of Americans about same-sex relationships, she underscored the need to explain the case for why the Christian faith is life-giving for those who experience same-sex attraction or in any way identify themselves as LGBT.

Default - Understanding - Christianity - Minorities - Percent

And that is because their default understanding is that Christianity isn't only not good, but harmful to sexual minorities, she said, which constitutes approximately 4.5 percent of the American populace.

"If Christianity is harmful for sexual minorities, there is either a problem with Christianity or there is a problem with Christians," she said.

Minority

"I understand what it feels like to be a minority and it's not just because I'm black, but also because I used to be gay."

Her same-sex desires began around the time she was 5 or 6, before she knew how to spell her first name. She had no language with which to communicate and express her feelings, particularly because during the early 1990s, homosexuality was considerably less visible in popular culture. She also had no space to process her experiences and desires, but soon became aware of the apparent special condemnation in the Church that was reserved for homosexuals.

Hill-Perry - Church

Hill-Perry loved church and growing up in it felt safe, mostly.

"But safe for saints. So as long as I was willing to take on the task of hiding...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!