Former USC football player says teammates shredded Bibles he gifted them

www.christianpost.com | 3/26/2019 | Staff
applecup (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/04/230491.jpg

A former walk-on for the University of Southern California football team has written a new book that details the struggles he faced trying to share his love for Christ with teammates.

Ben Malcolmson, who was once on one of the most dynamic college football teams of its day, now serves as the director of external relations for the Seattle Seahawks and special assistant to head coach Pete Carroll. Malcolmson has authored the book, Walk On, what he calls an “unlikely story of football, purpose and following an amazing God.”

Unlikeliness - Malcolmson - Story - Fact - University

The unlikeliness in Malcolmson’s story lies in the fact that he went from being a university newspaper sports editor trying to write a hands-on article about what it's like to try out for the football team, to surprisingly becoming a member of the 2006 USC Trojans football team that went on to win the Rose Bowl.

On a team that also included future NFL players like Ryan Kalil, Clay Matthews III, Brian Cushing, and then-freshman Mark Sanchez, Malcolmson essentially became a USC version of “Rudy.”

Malcolmson - Christian - Post - Phone - Interview

Malcolmson told The Christian Post in a phone interview that he only tried out for the team for the journalistic adventure of the challenge. He added that he was “shocked” when he found out that he actually made the team as a scout team reserve.

Having made the team despite what little experience on the gridiron he had, Malcolmson said he felt a deeper purpose for making the cut.

Team - Sense - Reason - God - Team

“When I made the team, I had a deep sense that I was there for a reason and that God had put me on that team for a purpose,” Malcolmson told CP. “Because why else would he put me on that team? There had to be a reason. I was pressed into that from day one.”

Malcolmson said that throughout his time on the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!