An interesting conversation with a reader about unity

Catholic and Enjoying It! | 3/26/2019 | Staff
Kaliela101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/wp-content/themes/Patheos%20TwentySeventeen/assets/images/default-thumbs/default-img-12.jpg

I believe that God really wants all of Roman Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox to be united. I think we all have nuances in our beliefs that cause separation (assurance of salvation, etc.). However, we have something that we all agreed with that is far more important than all these things: Our understanding of the Person of Jesus Christ. If I’m not mistaken all 3 major branches that I’ve just mentioned, all believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He died for our sins and will come back again for his Bride (Church); not 3 different brides but 1.

True of Catholics and Orthodox and most, not all Protestants.

Argument - Understanding - Person - Jesus - Christ

So I guess my argument would be that since our understanding of the Person of Jesus Christ is all the same. This reason alone should be enough for us to be united. United in the sense that we would consider each other as being saved. Often we consider our soteriology as the basis of us being saved, but the main factor that would truly unite all of us is to see Christology as the basis. Christology trumps Soteriology, in terms of being saved.

I would argue that what matters most to Christ is obedience to him, not our theories about him. But I do agree Christ places a very high premium on unity. I think it’s a unity of love—practically expressed, more than doctrine that matters most, though doctrine matters too.

Unity - Trinity - John - Command - Jesus

Unity reflects the Trinity (John 17:21) and is a direct command of Jesus....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Catholic and Enjoying It!
Wake Up To Breaking News!