Colossians as Cornerstone 6

Blog & Mablog | 3/23/2019 | Douglas Wilson
InLove4567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dougwils.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Plant-From-Bible.png

INTRODUCTION:

We conclude this letter by noting the emphasis that this section places on both words and names. Paul is concerned with the prayers of the Colossians, and their speech toward others outside, and for those who minister there in that region. He always wants them to pray for him, that his speech would be unfettered and plain. In addition to this, Paul concludes with a number of greetings to individuals, each of whom had a life, face, and a part in the story.

TEXT

THE TEXT:

“Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds: That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak. Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man . . .” (Col. 4:2-18).

SUMMARY - THE - TEXT

SUMMARY OF THE TEXT:

As Paul wraps up this short letter to the Colossians, he does so in characteristic fashion. He tells them to continue in prayer, and tells them also to be watchful in that prayer with thanksgiving (v. 2). He asks to be included in their prayers, that God would open up opportunities for him to preach the mystery of Christ (v. 3). He wants to make this mystery manifest, as he ought to do (v. 4). He then tells the Colossians to walk in wisdom with regard to outsiders, making the most of the time (v. 5). And he also tells them to have their speech be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that they can make adjustments as they go, as they answer all kinds of men (v. 6).

Beloved

The beloved...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Blog & Mablog
Wake Up To Breaking News!