Jussie Smollett Cut from Last Two Episodes of ‘Empire’

Breitbart | 2/22/2019 | Staff
boti (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/02/2000juempier1.jpg

Empire producers announced Friday that actor Jussie Smollett will be cut from the final two episodes of the season to avoid “further disruption on set”

“Jussie has been an important member of our Empire family for the past five years and we care about him deeply,” the producers, which include Lee Daniels and Brian Grazer, said in a statement. “While these allegations are very disturbing, we are placing our trust in the legal system as the process plays out. We are also aware of the effects of this process on the cast and crew members who work on our show and to avoid further disruption on set, we have decided to remove the role of ‘Jamal’ from the final two episodes of the season.”

Smollett - Thursday - Set - Empire - Chicago

Smollett on Thursday evening returned to the set of Empire in Chicago after turning himself into the police for filing a false report with law enforcement regarding an alleged hate crime staged against himself last month. The actor reportedly pled with his castmates to believe that he did not stage the incident. TMZ reported: “We’re told he addressed everyone on set, saying …”I’m sorry I’ve put you all through this and not answered any calls. I wanted to say I’m sorry and, you know me, I would never do this to any of you, you are my family. I swear to God, I did not do this.””

Smollett, who is gay and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!