My Son’s in Prison – Ministering to Mothers of Prisoners

Christian Crier | 2/20/2019 | Staff
rubydrummer (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/348/2017/09/Praying-in-Church-300x157.jpg

Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/348/2017/11/prison-cell-300x225.jpg

In many prison ministries, mothers are often forgotten, but ministering to mothers of prisoners should also be a part of a prison ministry.

My Son’s in Prison!

Message - Mother - Heart - Son - Grandson…now

I once received a message from a mother that just broke my heart. She said, “My son murdered my grandson…now he’s in prison for life! What am I going to do? I can’t go on. Please help me.” She was at a loss about what to do and I was at a loss about what to say. I cannot even imagine how hard this must have hurt her. Most of the times when I’m at a loss for words, I just listen. I can pray for their son and pray for her, sometimes praying over the phone if she asks. It was one of the most heartbreaking messages I’ve ever received. When I preach or visit prisoners, I often hear them talk about their mother. They sometimes ask me to contact them and help them deal with this trial. Frequently, when men and women prisoners are ministered to, their parents are forgotten, but the inmates I know won’t let me forget! More often than not, the fathers are either disconnected from their son’s life, therefore they have little knowledge of what’s going on, or in some cases, don’t care to know about it. A few fathers are still connected to their sons in prison, but our experience has been that about 95% of the time, their mothers are the only ones to keep in touch with their sons and daughters. Maybe the numbers of absent or apathetic fathers didn’t help to prevent their children from going to prison, but prisoner’s mothers are often the forgotten ones. I know there’s nothing really I can do besides pray and try to give them hope, but one thing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Christian Crier
Wake Up To Breaking News!