Of Ralph Northam & The Spiritual Darkness All Around Us

The Aquila Report | 2/19/2019 | Staff
pixielilia (Posted by) Level 4
I pastor a small church in the Northern Virginia town of Haymarket. It is an insanely financially prosperous area. The average household income in our zip code is north of $150K a year. Everything around here is shiny, upscale and new (unless of course it’s historical). Even the side walk in town is new, they tore up the perfectly good (and seemingly not very old) sidewalk along the main street to install a brand new and more aesthetically pleasing red brick walkway. I grew up on the Northside of Pittsburgh, and even though we moved to a small apartment “out where the rich people lived” when I was in high school, none of this is familiar. But even though the material surroundings are foreign to me, the spiritual condition here is not. Over all of the prosperity and the freshly paved roads packed with luxury SUVs, deluxe Hybrids and Teslas (really, the Tesla charging stations at the local gas station are almost always occupied) hangs a cloud of profound spiritual darkness.

There is a good chance you heard what the governor of our state said last week on WTOP, the most powerful AM radio station in our area. If you haven’t here is the exact quote, “The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother. So I think this was really blown out of proportion.”

God - Sovereignty - Bill - Legislature - Governor

Thankfully, in God’s sovereignty, that bill was tabled, essentially defeating it, in the legislature. But the governor not only defended the proposal, he let slip that he didn’t think...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
NY Times, a small niche paper for a small niche people in a really big internet