Meet Lashana Lynch, the Captain Marvel Star You're About to Fall in Love With

POPSUGAR Entertainment | 2/12/2019 | Ryan Roschke
hi09 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/XjF0a9TbVT9ui9KZIkuRp3xLWsw/fit-in/1200x630/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-:fill-!white!-/2019/01/30/947/n/1922283/ba8c49ae5c521a8e870b60.29019452_.jpg

As we close in on Marvel's next big release, Captain Marvel, we're slowly uncovering more and more intel about the incredibly powerful superhero. Even in the last couple of months, we've been treated to tons of trailers and special looks, a couple of familiar faces, and one very fuzzy new sidekick. But if the recently released character posters told us anything, it's that Marvel is keeping a secret or two close to the chest. Case in point: the brilliant Lashana Lynch, who plays Maria Rambeau, aka the best friend and copilot of Captain Marvel's human person, Carol Danvers.

In Summer 2018, POPSUGAR visited the LA set of Captain Marvel with a group of other journalists. During our time in the thick of the action, we were treated to an interview with Lynch. The fact that she's joining the Marvel universe is huge; not only is she a fresh face in the superhero world, but she's a pretty recent newcomer in Hollywood, too. And here she is, kicking **** alongside a badass female superhero in one of Marvel's most important releases in the past decade! To introduce you to the rising star, we've scribbled down a handful of fun facts about the character . . . and the delightful woman who plays her.

Related:

Captain Marvel Made Brie Larson a Different Person: "It Changed the Way I Viewed Myself"

Maria - Rambeau - Mother - Monica - Rambeau

"I play Maria Rambeau, who is the mother of Monica Rambeau, who we know from the comics," Lynch revealed. In Marvel's official database, Monica Rambeau notably takes the Captain Marvel namesake after she joins the Avengers. Lynch told us during our visit that Monica is only 11 in the film, meaning she likely hasn't quite developed her own superpowers yet. Even so, we can't help but feel like that's a pretty easy bridge to a big-screen...
(Excerpt) Read more at: POPSUGAR Entertainment
Wake Up To Breaking News!
How's that peak oil working out for you?