Leslie Jones Says New ‘Ghostbusters’ Film Ignoring Female Reboot Is A “Trump”-Like “Dick Move”

The Playlist | 1/20/2019 | Rodrigo Perez
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ghosbusters-leslie-jones.jpg

A new “Ghostbusters” film has been announced by director Jason Reitman (“Juno,” “Up In The Air”), son of Ivan Reitman, the original director and producer, and its immediate dismissal of the all-female 2016 reboot (“Ghostbusters”) has already ruffled many feathers online.

And comedian Leslie Jones, who played Ghostbuster Patty Tolan in director Paul Feig’s 2016 version of “Ghostbusters,” is not having it.

Tweet - Response - Fan - Jason - Reitman

“So insulting,” she wrote in a tweet in response to a fan asking Jason Reitman on Twitter whether he’d bring back Jones, Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon to his new film, a veritable “Ghostbusters 3.” “Like **** us. We dint count. It’s like something Trump would do. (Trump voice)”Gonna redo ghostbusteeeeers, better with men, will be huge. Those women ain’t ghostbusteeeeers” ugh so annoying. Such a dick move. And I don’t give **** I’m saying something!!” Jones was so upset she tweeted the response three times to different users asking questions about the film.

While the original surviving “Ghostbusters,” Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and Ernie Hudson are expected to return and make appearances (Harold Ramis passed away in 2014)—at least, according to Hudson—and the film is said to be a direct continuation of the timeline last left off in “Ghostbusters 2,” including the 2016 version would be tricky. That version, directed by Paul Feig, essentially lives in an alternate timeline and isn’t a direct sequel to the original classic films.

Ghostbusters - Project - Reitman - Version - Film

Upon officially revealing the new “Ghostbusters” project, Reitman immediately said, his new version would discount that film. “I have so much respect for what Paul [Feig] created with those brilliant actresses, and would love to see more stories from them. However, this new movie will follow the trajectory...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Nie wieder, unelected bureaucrat's running our country