Here's What to Stream Before Gillian Anderson Arrives on The Crown​

TVGuide.com | 1/20/2019 | Amanda Bell
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2019/01/20/cb93fd06-86d9-42b9-bfba-ec3752a06f7a/thumbnail/1300x867/ac68baf4f979bdba97a4f8fd9307611a/gillian-anderson-reg.jpg

Netflix's The Crown has found its Iron Lady.

Gillian Anderson will star as Britain's first female Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, on the series' upcoming fourth season, The Sunday Times reports. Thatcher, who occupied the position from 1979 to 1990, was previously portrayed by Meryl Streep in 2011's The Iron Lady, and the actress went on to win her third Academy Award for the depiction. In other words, Anderson's got some big shoes to fill.

Anderson - Achievements - Role - FBI - Special

For those who aren't familiar with Anderson's acting achievements outside of her iconic role as FBI Special Agent Dana Scully on The X-Files, we've got some good news: Anderson is totally up to the job. Here are a few period pieces and/or killer performances you can stream right now for proof of that.

This PBS Masterpiece adaptation of William Boyd's novel features Anderson as Wallis Simpson, the divorcee for whom King Edward abdicated the throne, later resulting in Queen Elizabeth II's reign. It doesn't get much more on the nose than that royal connection to The Crown.

Film - Adaptation - Agatha - Christie - Novel

This 2017 film adaptation of Agatha Christie's novel of the same name features Anderson as Magda Leonides, and if you had any doubt that Anderson could be cold and calculated and completely vexing (with a wig, no less!), her performance in this pic will put those concerns to rest.

In this 2011 BBC mini-series, adapting...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!
Tagged: