‘SNL’: How John Mulaney Helped Pete Davidson Return After Suicide Scare

IndieWire | 1/20/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Screen-Shot-2019-01-20-at-9.08.43-AM.png

It wasn’t entirely surprising that Pete Davidson was on last night’s episode of “Saturday Night Live,” even after posting disturbing messages suggesting he was suicidal last month, but it was surprising to see him flanked by former “SNL” writer John Mulaney. The two appeared as a duo on “Weekend Update,” where Davidson is a regular, to discuss everything from their shared appreciation of Clint Eastwood’s “The Mule” to the fact that Davidson is doing much better now. According to Vanity Fair, Mulaney joining the segment was no coincidence — he’s struggled with his own substance-abuse issues in the past.

“I didn’t realize you guys hung out together,” Colin Jost said after Mulaney showed up. “Yeah, we do, but a lot of times it looks like I’m Pete’s lawyer,” the comedian replied. “But for real, I’ve been spending time with Pete to try to show him that you can have a life in comedy that is not insane — a sober, domestic life.”

Then...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Democrate or Republican, the difference is less than the thickness of a cigarette paper, or a slice of pastrami at a delicatesean.