Pete Davidson Returns to SNL to Talk a Bit About Mental Health but Mostly The Mule

TVGuide.com | 1/20/2019 | Amanda Bell
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2019/01/20/34637732-f353-4f2b-a000-5fafb2359343/thumbnail/1300x867/e7d4b91a923fa73355c79d1855a08192/snl-pete-davidson-john-mulaney-reg.jpg

Pete Davidson made his first real return to Saturday Night Live this weekend, following the frightening Instagram post in which he threatened to take his own life in December.

Instead of offering a full-on heart-to-heart with audiences about mental health awareness, though, he decided to recruit his tour partner John Mulaney for a segment reviewing Clint Eastwood's newest movie The Mule.

Month - Something - Lot - Davidson

"As you know, I've had a really crazy month and I want to talk about something that matters a lot," Davidson said to open.

"Okay, mental health?" Colin Jost asked in response.

Clint - Eastwood - Movie - Mule - Davidson

"No, the new Clint Eastwood movie The Mule," Davidson said before introducing Mulaney.

Mulaney then revealed that he'd been "spending time with Pete to try and show him that you can have a life in comedy that is not insane, a sober domestic life." Davidson has evidently not lost any of his twisted wit in the process, though, because he responded to say, "Yeah, and after observing John's life, I publicly threatened suicide...I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't make that joke. But...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!