When a Powerful Message Is Hidden
in a Tangled Mess

(in)courage | 1/20/2019 | Staff
ziggy1023 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/01202019_RobinDance_InTheDetails-1200x858.jpg

If I’m honest, it may have been a simple case of avoidance. “Deconstructing Christmas decorations is my favorite thing to do,” said no one ever. So, it made perfect sense that that moment was the ideal time to kick off a new year’s initiative, right? Organizing and decluttering closets and drawers suddenly became just as important as putting away the circus of ornaments, snarl of lights, and crates of holiday decor.

I was in an all too rare mood to get rid of things I hoped would serve and delight new owners, and I knew from experience I needed to act before the feeling passed. Purging is a real challenge for me sometimes, not because I’m a hoarder so much, but because everything seems to hold a special memory. To discard something I once held dear, gifts from others or even personal purchases — clothing, jewelry, art, furniture, surcies — feels like I’m dismissing the value of what it meant to me at the time or the person who gave it to me. This isn’t true, of course, but still. It feels like it.

Marie - Kondō - Life-Changing - Magic - Up

Though I haven’t read Marie Kondō’s, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing, I know its premise is to let go of the things that no longer “spark joy” in life. On my mission to return our home to its pre-Christmas condition, I found a new mission to rid our home of anything that sucked joy.

That is until I stumbled onto a new, new mission, and suddenly I couldn’t do anything but deal with this:

Ages - Scarf - Hanger - Closest - Necklaces

Ages ago, I had repurposed a scarf hanger in my closest for necklaces and chains. One day I accidentally knocked it down, and in the process, made a terrible mess. I tried to untangle the jewelry, but the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It just doesn't get bettere than this...
Tagged: