Weekend A La Carte (January 12)

Tim Challies | 1/12/2019 | Staff
lhumara (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2b-WEEKEND-940x492.jpg

Today’s Kindle deals include a pretty good variety of books crossing a few different categories.

What’s Good in World Missions?

World - Missions - Couple - Things - People

I think we can sometimes feel guilty or disappointed when it comes to world missions, but here are a couple of things that are going very well. Like this: more people are becoming Christians than at any other time in history.

This matters: “Stifling our emotions because they don’t compare to the sorrow of another, isn’t necessarily always the obedient choice. We are free to feel and express our pain before God in a way that honours him—not because our pain is comparable to another, but because God has gifted us with the ability to feel those emotions. He has given us not hearts of granite, but hearts of flesh that feel stings, scrapes, bruises, and wounds. And we are free to place that before God.”

Challenge - Encouragement - Parents - Parents - Share

There’s both challenge and encouragement for parents here. “Christian parents rightly seek to share the Gospel (Good News) of salvation with their children and to lead them, at an early age if possible, to Jesus Christ as their personal Savior from sin. By God’s grace, some children do come to saving faith in Jesus early in life. But parents eager for their children’s salvation need to guard against assuming their kids have been saved simply because they’ve heard the Gospel and made some sort of an elementary profession such as ‘I asked Jesus into my heart’ or ‘I believe in Jesus.'”

Not surprisingly, our obsession with taking photos is changing the way we remember the past. Just consider this: “Importantly, selfies and many other photos are...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: