TAKE SUNDAY SCHOOL INTO THE HOME WITH ONLINE FAMILY DEVOTIONS

ChurchTechToday | 1/11/2019 | David Choate
vegdancer18 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchtechtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Take-Sunday-School-Into-the-Home-with-Online-Family-Devotions_Facebook.jpg

A successful Sunday school is more than a good curriculum, it’s a bridge that connects classrooms with family rooms in the home. Alongside a pastoral vision for ministry, children’s ministry leaders can partner with parents to help them “train up a child in the way he should go” (Proverbs 22:6). Sunday school curriculum combined with online family devotions can help.

Developing in children a passion to know Jesus involves discipling families and equipping them with tools to dig deeper into God’s Word–as a family. If technology can assist in this process both at the Sunday school level and in the home, it’s a win-win for everyone.

Parents - Time - Resources - Leaders - Children

Unfortunately, parents often feel they don’t have the time and resources to be spiritual leaders for their children. It’s not for lack of desire, it’s just that many have never been given resources that lead them through the process of family Bible study.

Perhaps you’ve heard parents share some of the following sentiments:

Bible - Children

“I hardly know the Bible myself, how can I teach it to my children?”

“With my schedule, I don’t have time to prepare a Bible study for my kids.”

Family - Bible - Study - Kids

“I’ve tried a family Bible study before, but my kids got bored and distracted.”

While the hesitation parents feel is real, it doesn’t change the fact that families must spend time in the Bible together. If they don’t, spiritual growth is next to impossible, and your children’s ministry will have limited growth. A church’s ministry needs to partner with parents, otherwise, they’ll rely on a weekend service to teach their kids about the Bible, prayer, and discipleship.

Ministry - Challenge - Sunday - School - Sunday

When this happens, your ministry faces the biggest challenge of them all: a Sunday School that is only about Sunday.

Let’s start with a typical Sunday service. Your church team works hard preparing a compelling lesson that shares the good news of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchTechToday
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Speaking only as an infidel......