Letters to the Editor

Tim Challies | 11/18/2018 | Staff
xxlauzyxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Challies-LettersToEditor-940x492.jpg

I continue to receive lots of letters from readers of this site. And, as you know, I like to print some of them from time to time. Here is a small collection of recent ones which offer comments on a variety of subjects.

Hi Tim, I am 70 years old. I have experienced these things in worship from when I was a boy and enjoyed the worship in the old way and long for similar experiences today. Not that I want to return totally to the old things but more the old method, with the use of modern facilities. The modern way is, “all about Me.” That is the way daily life proceeds, and success is gauged by how much pleasure I received. But if God is glorified there is a payback to the worshiper and that is far more satisfying that the pleasure of being entertained.

LETTERS - ON - DOES - PREMARITAL - PREGNANCY

LETTERS ON DOES PREMARITAL PREGNANCY NULLIFY ‘UNEQUALLY YOKED’?

You raise an excellent point when you mention long time families in which the spouses are unmarried. Whenever I think think about such situations, I usually assume young and not a family. And in such cases, I completely agree that marriage is NOT the best option. Along with the biblical evidence regarding unequally yoked and marrying “in the Lord,” the experiences of many couples who have married act as a warning. I know of several couples who married Christians only to find out that they weren’t Christians (or at least, the fruit dried up for an extended season). The misery of their situations always reminds me that singleness is better than a miserable marriage, particularly since Scripture doesn’t command such a marriage.

Couple - Time - Children - Words

I think you are right, though, a couple that has lived together for a long time and raised children together would certainly seem closer to the words...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: