‘Castlevania’ Producer Adi Shankar Making ‘Devil May Cry’ TV Show Set in Same Multiverse

/Film | 11/16/2018 | Ben Pearson
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Devil-May-Cry.jpg

Last month, producer Adi Shankar (The Grey, Dredd, Lone Survivor) teased the following message: “I can confirm that I’m working with an iconic Japanese gaming company to adapt one of their iconic video game series into a series.” One of the trades reported that he was hyping a The Legend of Zelda TV show, but that was incorrect.

Instead, Shankar revealed today that he’s working on a Devil May Cry TV show based on the popular video game and that it will “be a part of a multiverse with” his Netflix animated series Castlevania.

Rights - Devil - May - Cry - Jabronis

“I’ve acquired [the rights to Devil May Cry] myself so that the jabronis in Hollywood can’t **** this one up, too,” Shankar told IGN. “Devil May Cry will join Castlevania in what we’re now calling the Bootleg Multiverse. Let the speculation begin. You can read into that all you want.”

Over the past several years, Shankar has produced a number of what he calls “bootleg” productions: essentially fan films that deal with familiar characters. He started with The Punisher: Dirty Laundry, which brought Thomas Jane back to reprise the title role, and followed that up with Venom: Truth in Journalism and an animated Judge Dredd short called Superfiend. Most recently, he earned a ton of buzz with the hyper-violent short film Power/Rangers based on the kids’ show.

Point - Questions - Answers - IGN - Devil

At this point, we’re left with more questions than answers. IGN confirms that the Devil May Cry series will be animated, but Shankar went out...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!