Why ‘Hillary Clinton 2020’ would be doomed to fail the Democrats

NewsComAu | 11/15/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/b304d8f949ff0d8ba52096ad07a8d7ca?width=650&imgtype=.jpg

In a recent op-ed, her former long-term adviser Mark Penn claimed “Hillary will run again” at the next federal US election.

“This new version of Mrs Clinton, when she runs for president in 2020, will come full circle — back to the universal-health-care-promoting progressive firebrand of 1994,” he wrote in The Wall Street Journal. “True to her name, Mrs Clinton will fight this out until the last dog dies. She won’t let a little thing like two stunning defeats stand in the way of her claim to the White House.”

Month - Ms - Clinton - Run - Job

Last month, Ms Clinton was asked whether she could consider another run for the top job.

Her response? “Well I’d like to be president. I think, hopefully, when we have a Democrat in the Oval Office in January of 2021, there’s going to be so much work to be done.”

Everybody - World - Friends - Enemies

“I mean we have confused everybody in the world, including ourselves,” she went on. “We have confused our friends and our enemies.

“They have no idea what the United States stands for, what we’re likely to do, what we think is important, so the work would be work that I feel very well prepared for having been at the Senate for eight years, having been a diplomat in the State Department, and it’s just going to be a lot of heavy lifting.”

No

It’s not exactly a “No, probably not”.

But a number of commentators on both sides of the political spectrum have pointed out that Ms Clinton launching a 2020 bid would be the worst possible thing for the Democrats to do.

Line - Americans - Enough - Clintons - Bushes

“The bottom line is that most Americans have had enough of the Clintons, just as they have of the Bushes,” wrote The Australian ’s Washington correspondent Cameron Stewart.

“Hillary Clinton has had her chances — in 2008 when Barack Obama defeated her for the Democrat nomination and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsComAu
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis
Tagged: