I Post, Therefore I Am: Knowing Self Vs. Creating Self

11 13 2018

Those Catholic Men | 11/14/2018 | Staff
PaMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thosecatholicmen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/IPostTherefore.jpeg

Often, the difference between a man that believes in virtue and a man who doesn’t comes down to one distinction: is truth true or is truth relative? Most reading this know that “moral relativism” is a plague easily diagnosed and dismissed by sane men, but not truly believing in truth has more manifestations than we might think. Many of us are relativists by a different name by our attempt to create false images of ourselves and ask the world to believe in what we have created. Our screen time fuels this error.

Descartes is famous for saying, “I think, therefore, I am.” Cartesian thought stems from stripping all other forms of knowledge away, being instinctively skeptical of all received so-called “truths” and being sure only of one’s own thinking. All knowledge in this mode comes from what can be proven by empirical evidence, but really what we end up with is just thinking that whatever we think is right. “I think, therefore whatever I think is what is.” Moral relativism flows easily from here, since morality needs philosophy and theology, not just empiricism.

Mix - Relativism - Narcissism - Thousands

Mix relativism with a little narcissism, and it’s not hard to picture the thousands of uploaded...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Those Catholic Men
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: