Apple has a 'moral responsibility ' to deal with tech addiction, Jony Ive reveals

Mail Online | 6/4/2018 | Mark Prigg For Dailymail.com
idkwatitis (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/19/19/5209528-0-image-a-11_1539975104617.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/10/03/207996098858141586/1024x576_MP4_207996098858141586.mp4

The man behind the iPhone and Apple Watch has revealed he believes the firm has a 'moral responsibility' to deal with the effects of its technology.

As technology firms come under increasing fire for their role in phone and app addiction, Apple's chief design officer Jonathan Ive told The FT the problem 'keeps me awake'

Something - Consequences - Newspaper

'If you're creating something new, it is inevitable there will be consequences that were not foreseen — some that will be great, and then there are those that aren't as positive,' he told the newspaper.

'There is a responsibility to try and predict as many of the consequences as possible and I think you have a moral responsibility to try to understand, try to mitigate those that you didn't predict,' he said.

Part - Culture - Apple - Responsibility - Product

'I think it's part of the culture at Apple to believe that there is a responsibility that doesn't end when you ship a product. It keeps me awake.'

Part of Apple's answer to the problem, called Screen Time, launched as part of the free iOS 12 software update for iPhones, iPads and the iPod Touch.

Tools - Time - Users - Kids - Phone

It offers new tools for managing screen time, letting users see will let you see how often they (or their kids) picked up the phone after bedtime or how long they were on Instagram at work for.

Apple's chief design officer also revealed he attended the wedding of Princess Eugenie, saying he first met her father, Prince Andrew,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!