When You're #inthethickofit

www.christianpost.com | 10/15/2018 | Staff
Mireille (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://data.christianpost.com/full/133230/incourage-devotional-bible.jpg

Excerpted from The CSB (in)Courage Devotional Bible, © 2018 Holman Bibles, Denise J. Hughes, Editor.

I set the last box down and stared at the storage unit in front of me. It held everything I owned: a small table, a few chairs, an old navy couch, a banged up dresser, and a fridge that struggled to stay cool. With a heavy sigh I asked: Lord, how long will this season last?

Dollar - Month - Rent—to - Transmission - Car

I needed every dollar I had—plus the next month's rent—to replace the transmission in my car. Without a car, I couldn't get to work. Without a job, I couldn't support myself and my daughter. I didn't know what else to do. So when a friend said we could stay with her while I saved up enough money for a deposit on another apartment, I gave my landlord notice and paid for my car to get fixed. But that meant, basically, my five-year-old daughter and I were homeless.

#singlemomlife and #inthetrenches and #inthethickofit would have been recurring themes for us. I didn't have family nearby, or anyone who could help with childcare. And yet, as hard as this season was, I never felt alone. I knew God was with me.

Turn - God - Ways - Oftentimes - Friends

At every turn God was there, providing in the most unexpected ways, oftentimes through friends and church family. When I had to attend a night class and babysitting fell through, the professor said I could bring my daughter to class. When I had nowhere to go on Christmas Day, a friend invited us to her house. When I felt overwhelmed and worried that I wasn't going to make it, my pastor assured me that God wasn't asleep on the job, that God could bring good from a broken story. Even mine.

All this was a lifetime ago—in another millennium really. But through it all, God...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
There's no problem on the inside of a kid that the outside of a dog can't cure.
Tagged: