Girl, Wash Your Face? What Rachel Hollis Gets Right and Wrong.

The Gospel Coalition | 9/24/2018 | Staff
itsdonaldk (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://s3.amazonaws.com/tgc-web/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/21163533/girl-wash-face-tgc-fb.jpg

Rachel Hollis is taking the Christian world by storm—and I get it. She’s beautiful, smart, ambitious, funny, and a crazy good writer. The girl can tell a story that will have you crying one minute and shooting Diet Coke out of your nose the next.

She’s carved out a nice little corner of the internet for herself, cultivating a community more than a million strong and growing. She cooks, decorates, gives advice, and is known for her no-nonsense honesty and humor: “I love Jesus, and I cuss a little. I love Jesus, and I drink alcohol. I love Jesus, and some of my best friends are gay,” she recently posted on Facebook.

Thomas - Nelson - Pp

Thomas Nelson (2018). 240 pp. $22.99.

To be honest, I hadn’t heard of Hollis until a Facebook friend recently wrote to ask if I had read her book, Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be. She expressed some confusion over the messages in Hollis’s book and on her social media platforms, so I bought the book and read it.

Book

Christian Book?

It’s no shocker that Hollis connects deeply with her audience. Having survived a difficult childhood and the suicide of her brother when she was in her early teens, the advice she offers hasn’t come cheap or easy.

Time - Boyfriend - Heart - Pieces - Hey

There was that time her boyfriend continually treated her poorly. After dumping her and smashing her heart into pieces, he called to see how she was doing. When she calmly said, “Hey, I am done with this. I am done with you. Don’t ever call me again,” and shut off her phone, I was sending high-fives and a hearty, “You go, girl!” Sadly, Hollis doesn’t attribute this wisdom to knowing who she is in Christ. She credits self-love.

Hollis is a self-proclaimed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Gospel Coalition
Wake Up To Breaking News!