The Man with the Quivering Red Laser Dot on His Chest

Blog & Mablog | 9/19/2018 | Douglas Wilson
malik778 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i2.wp.com/dougwils.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Kiss-Me.jpg?fit=426,756&ssl=1

INTRODUCTION:

So let us discuss the recent charges leveled against Brett Kavanaugh. There are a number of things to say about all this, and I intend to say as many of them as I can get to, but the first and fundamental thing is this: If we didn’t really want to go to the circus, then we shouldn’t have bought all those circus tickets.

REAL - FAILURE

THE REAL FAILURE:

But we have a far more pressing duty. The thing that is troubling our nation is not what some idiot boy might have done at a kegger almost half a century ago. The thing that really reveals the poverty-stricken nature of our public character is that nobody in charge has any apparent idea of how to process accusations of this nature. The problem is not the fact that criminals do criminal things in private that we all lament; the problem is what all our respectable solons are doing in public. Right now, right in front of us, in real time. We all agree that when some molester feels a woman up, this is a bad thing. Nobody defends that. So why are we good with everybody feeling up Lady Justice? Everybody seems to be defending that.

Means - Sons - Means - Justice - Charges

So by all means, teach your sons to really respect what no means. But while you are at it, you should also teach them what justice is, what credible charges are, what dirty politics refers to, what due process means, and why the presumption of innocence is so important. If you accept this responsibility, as you should, I would recommend you follow the link to A Justice Primer.

“Where there is no vision, the people perish: But he that keepeth the law, happy is he” (Prov. 29:18). We need to stop thinking that miscarriages of justice will somehow right themselves. We desperately...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Blog & Mablog
Wake Up To Breaking News!