There's One Almost Everywhere, But Not in NC Movie Theaters

www.christianpost.com | 7/17/2018 | Staff
Celtics2212 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://data.christianpost.com/full/108110/beer-alcohol.jpg

During the last session of the North Carolina General Assembly, proposed alcohol legislation would have lowered the criteria for Movie Theaters to obtain a mixed beverage permit. Some theaters already sell beer and wine, but this would have authorized them to have bars.

As a registered lobbyist for the Christian Action League, I urged a Senate committee to reject the scheme. In my testimony before the committee, I asked, "Will there be any place remaining that a family can go that doesn't have a bar? Will there be a public place left that's a respite for people who choose not to drink?" Fortunately, sometime later lawmakers agreed to drop that initiative.

Alcohol - Part - Fabric - Lives - Grocery

Alcohol has become so much a part of the fabric of our daily lives. It's at the grocery and convenience stores, restaurants, and hotels. Its advertisements are on television, radio, billboards, in the newspapers and social media. It's served at meals, at social gatherings, and at celebrations as casually as coffee and tea.

Alcohol is so acceptable these days, its negative impact is rarely if ever, considered. Alcohol-related problems have become the third leading cause of preventable death in this country. The national crisis surrounding our use of alcohol is far worse than a war. Even the worst of wars comes to an end, but alcohol abuse issues endlessly increase their destruction year after year after year after year on innumerable levels.

Alcohol - Policy - Signature - Concern - Action

Consequentially, alcohol policy is a signature concern for the Christian Action League. When I'm lobbying on liquor legislation, the question is never whether to drink or not to drink. Instead, the focus is on the problematic nature of alcohol. Because alcohol is not an ordinary commodity, because it can pose serious threats to public health and safety, the League contends the state does well to maintain or enact policies that encourage...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: