Jeremy Strong on Transitioning to TV in HBO’s ‘Succession’

Variety | 7/12/2018 | Christi Carras
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/jeremy-strong.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

“The Big Short” actor Jeremy Strong no longer primarily treads the boards. The stage vet has entered the TV scene in a big way, starring in HBO’s “Succession,” in which he plays troubled son Kendall Roy.

What was the transition from stage to television like?

Heroes - Theater - Plays - Transition - Film

Most of my heroes started out in theater, so I was always doing plays. The transition into film took longer than I wanted, but I am grateful for the years of hardship that I went through because they allowed me to connect with characters, in terms of adversity, in a way that I wouldn’t have otherwise.

How are you similar to Kendall Roy?

Desire - Love - Respect - People - Nature

I relate to the desire to gain the love and respect of certain people, and that can lead you astray from your own nature. While we were filming this show, you couldn’t look at the news without reading something about the Murdochs, Disney, Les Moonves. While this show is not based on any actual family, those dynastic struggles are all around. It’s rich material.

What went into Kendall’s violent breakdown scene in the pilot?

Example - Process - Show - Plan - Scene

That’s a great example of the process of this show, which is to have no plan at all and discover the scene while...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.