Meet Sair Del Toro: Hispanic evangelist extraordinaire

Catholic News Agency | 6/24/2018 | Staff
tiazanne (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/images/Sair_Del_Toro_Courtesy_photo_CNA.jpg

Los Angeles, Calif., Jun 24, 2018 / 12:15 pm (CNA).- If you ask Sair del Toro to tell you her story, she tells you the stories of other people. Women who have escaped abusive relationships. Gang members who have given their lives to Jesus. Teenagers who found healing after abortion.

She hardly mentions her role in those stories. But her role should not go unnoted. Those stories of conversion, or healing, or freedom, have one thing in common: Sair del Toro.

Lord - Graces - Things - Witness - Del

“I think when you give yourself freely to the Lord, beautiful graces and things come out, you can be a witness,” Del Toro told CNA.

Del Toro is director of Magnifica, the Spanish-language apostolate of Endow, a ministry that forms study and fellowship groups for women. She also hosts a daily radio show on Radio Guadalupe in Los Angeles, where she talks about theology, philosophy, Mary, the saints - “any subject.”

Del - Toro - Lord

But Del Toro wasn’t always working for the Lord.

Although she grew up with a Catholic mother, Sair and her siblings withdrew from the faith. At one time she hated the Church, she said, because she was only paying attention to the bad news about it.

Time - Del - Toro - Radio - Personality

By the time she was 28, Del Toro was a well-known secular radio personality and wedding planner in Seattle, Washington. She drove a new Mercedes and had an apartment on the top floor with a view of the lake.

“Everything was perfect,” she said, “But I had something missing, I didn’t have love, I just had money. So every time that I was walking in my condominium I was like oh my God, I’m missing something.”

God

It was then that she started to ask God: “Where are you? Who are you?”

She started going back to church. Someone told her that if she wanted to find God, she should look to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Catholic News Agency
Wake Up To Breaking News!