‘Unfriended: Dark Web’ Trailer: Death Wants Some Face Time

/Film | 6/14/2018 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/Unfriended-Dark-Web-trailer.jpg

The surprisingly effective 2014 computer-driven horror film Unfriended gets the sequel treatment with Unfriended: Dark Web. The film focuses on a teenager who finds hidden files on his new laptop, and soon learns that the previous owner has been spying on him the entire time. Watch the Unfriended: Dark Web trailer below.

Unfriended: Dark Web Trailer

Surprise - Trailers - Unfriended - Movie - Thinking

I love a pleasant surprise. I remember seeing trailers for the first Unfriended movie and thinking, “Boy, that looks stupid.” But you know what? Unfriended was pretty darn good. It took what could’ve been an annoying concept – the entire film is told from the point-of-view of computer screens – and made it work in a highly effective manner.

Now here comes Unfriended: Dark Web, a sort-of sequel-in-name-only. The same “found-footage on a computer screen” set-up is there, but while the first Unfriended dealt with supernatural matters, Dark Web is focused on something more sinister. The plot has a teen acquiring a new laptop, only to discover the laptop’s previous owner has been watching him.

Unfriended - Dark - Web - Writer-director - Stephen

When Unfriended: Dark Web writer-director Stephen Susco was first approached about the sequel, he thought it would be impossible. “” was like, ‘Oh God, I can’t do a sequel to (Unfriended),” the director told SyFy. “This movie was great! It was so singular, how do you sequelize that?” Susco said, adding, “Besides the fact that everybody was dead!”

At first, Susco considered retconning Unfriended to bring back one of the characters, then decided to forge ahead with something new....
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
Tagged: