I’M A PARENT WHO STRUGGLES WITH DEPRESSION

Parent Cue | 10/11/2017 | Brandon Odell
normanorma (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://theparentcue.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Im_a_parent_who_struggles_with_depression-1.jpg

Hi, My Name is Brandon O’Dell.

I am a husband and a father of three young children.

Writer - Actor - Christian

I am a writer, an actor, and a Christian.

And I suffer from clinical depression.

Background - Kid - Home - Parents - School

Let me give you some background. I was a happy kid, raised in a Christian home by two loving parents. I did well in school. I made many friends, some I still have to this day. When I was going into college, my guidance counselor asked where my greatest area of stress was, and I replied that I didn’t have any stress. I was carefree.

In 1993, my sophomore year at Shorter College in Rome, Georgia, my mother died of a brain tumor. And yet, I immediately accepted her death as part of God’s grand plan. I did not mourn. I did not let it stress me out.

Year - Half - Poop - Fan

And then, a year and a half later, the proverbial poop hit the fan.

A friend of mine invited me to hear her sing in an on-campus recital, which I agreed to attend. I did not attend. She confronted me in the school’s dining hall that evening, and wracked with guilt, I broke down and cried. I cried all the way back to my dorm room. I cried because I had let my friend down, but not only that. I cried because people in the world let people down all the time. I cried for the state of humankind. I cried for what seemed like that entire year.

Idea - One - Way - One - One

I had no idea what was going on. I thought I was going crazy. And I knew that I was the only one who felt the way I did, so I had no one to talk to. No one who would understand. It wasn’t until I had an emotional breakdown in front of my father, that he encouraged me to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Parent Cue
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Homeschool or State Thought Police School, you choose.
Tagged: